Armenia Tour Packages
A Brief look at Armenia
An Armenian tour package will start with bread and salt, as it is the staple diet of the nationals and is considered very important. It is also known as “Hayastan”, and the people were referred to as “Hay”. It is located on an important crossroad between Europe and Asia and while on any Armenian tours one can view the Silk Route.
Armenian holidays will have many ancient churches as part of the itinerary, as it is the first place in history to adopt Christianity. The cities were known to be built even before Rome was built. The pink buildings which one can see on the Armenian tours are made of pink volcanic rock, thus giving Yerevan the name “the pink city”.
Any Armenian holiday is incomplete without a tour on the Tatev Aerial Tramway which hold the Guinness Record for the worlds longest nonstop cable car.
Holidayme.com and Armenia
Armenia has many sightseeing places as there are places for embarking on an adventure trip. HolidayMe.com offers customized tour packages to present a chance to the families and couples alike, to choose a trip according to their own likes. We ensure that the journey is delightful from the beginning, and that is why we start by booking you in the best airlines in Armenia. Each and every detail of the trip is taken care of to impart maximum comfort. While on the trip, the best hotels in Armenia are booked to make sure one get’s the best possible comfort.
Armenia is coming up rapidly on the tourism map. Here is a list of few Armenian sightseeing places which are crowd pullers:
- Yerevan has Levon’s Amazing Underground World the unusual sightseeing in Armenia and Europe, Blue Mosque and many cute cafes lining the pavements.
- Dilijan National Park is considered amongst the most beautiful Armenian sightseeing place. Apart from wild life it is home to Haghhartsin Monastery, Matosavank Monastery, Aghestev and Getik river basin.
- Jermuk is the spa city in the list of sightseeing in Armenia. There are more than 40 healing thermal mineral springs apart from the 2nd largest waterfall in Armenia.
- The cave city of Khndzoresk had people living in the caves till 1950.
- Gyumri is a city of museums and the ancient town has more than thousand historical buildings.
- Tsakghkadzor has many luxurious hotels, casinos and the snowfall here is the base of many winter sports.
- Upper Azat Valley is known for its important Christian relics apart from fantastic landscapes.
- Khor Virap is the most visited pilgrimage site as here the Gregory the Illuminator was imprisoned in an underground chamber.
- The Temple of Gharni was built in the 1st Century AD.
Activities in Armenia
A tour is not only all about visiting historical places but can be adventure packed too. Here are few activities in Armenia to consider:
- A trekking trip in the Caucasian Mountains is one of the Armenian activities which will give one a chance of revering Mount Ararat.
- Camping, hiking, boating near Lake Sevan are the few activities in Armenia which the whole family can enjoy.
- Jeep tours in the Garni Gorge in the Geghama Mountains is a fun family and friend activity.
- Zipling in Yell extreme park is an Armenian activity for the adrenaline junkies.
What to eat in Armenia
Savouring the best food in Armenia will give one an insight in their culture and people. Let’s take a brief look at few traditional Armenian food one must try:
- Khoravat is marinated meat barbecued over woodfire.
- Lavash is a traditional Armenian food which is accompanied with either vegetables or meat.
- The best food in Armenia is the fish kebabs of Ishkhan Trout.
- The kebabs of the fresh water Craw Fish found exclusively in Lake Sevan has a distinct taste.
- Dolma is made of rice and meat stuffed in grapevine leaves.
- Gata is a cake with different types of fruit and nut fillings served usually during tea.
- Churchkela is a roll of walnuts dipped in fruit juice and dried, available on every street.
- Shampours are meat and vegetable skewers marinated with their own indigenous spices.
- Mante are baked meat dumplings served with garlic yoghurt and tomato sauce.
- Taboule Lebanese restaurant, Adzoukh, Liban and Sham Nargila are few halal restaurants with good reviews.
- Currency – Dram
- Capital – Yerevan
- Languages Spoken – Armenian
- Time Zone – UTC+4
- Calling Code – +374
- Best Months to visit – May to June and September to October