Azerbaijan Tour Packages
Azerbaijan an Insight
Azerbaijan is known as “The Land of Fire”, which travellers can see live at “Yanardagh” or in the scriptures of the fire temple at Ateshgah while on an Azerbaijan holiday. The country has around 7500 historically important sites. On Azerbaijan tours one will be amazed at the collection of ancient manuscripts, rugs, and many other artefacts. It is known as the home to the first prehistoric man with the proofs in the 1.5-million-year-old cave paintings.
Azerbaijan tours are incomplete without a visit to the Carpet Museum which holds carpets made centuries ago to present day ones. A ride on the gondolas in Baku will remind you of Venice. The country is blessed with oil and natural resources rich land and also fertile soil which lends a distinct taste to the cuisine. Azerbaijan holidays are incomplete without tasting their Pilaf or visiting the Fire Tower.
Holidayme.com and Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan is a city which has important historical monuments as well as architectural feats of the modern world. The country has natural wonders along with adventure sport opportunities. The customized holiday packages from Holidayme.com extend an opportunity to visit places according to one’s choice. To make sure that stay is the least worry for the customers, the best hotels in Azerbaijan are booked. And to ensure a smooth journey from the beginning to the end, choices from various best airlines in Azerbaijan are given to the patrons, like GulfAir, Etihad Air, Turkish Airlines and many more.
Azerbaijan Sightseeing Places
On an Azerbaijan sightseeing tour people will come across feats achieved in the modern world as well as historical wonders. Here are few places to consider:
- In Baku the old wall city of Icheri Sahar, the Flame Tower, Teza Bazaar are all activities in sightseeing in Azerbaijan, where one can see how old amalgamates with new.
- Absheron National park offers a look at the exotic flora, fauna and the untamed beaches of the Caspian Sea on an Azerbaijan sightseeing tour.
- A visit to Garasu Volcano is a once in a lifetime sightseeing in Azerbaijan as due to the mud volcanos the place looks like the surface of the moon.
- Naftalan Oil resort offers relief from aches and pains or just relaxation in its oil baths.
- Gobustan is visited mostly for its 6000 rock drawings from the prehistoric era.
- Nabran is a beach side town well known for its resorts and water sports.
- Sheki City was an important part of the ancient Silk Route and at present is rife with castles, mosques, bath houses and exquisite artwork.
- Ateshgah was known as the “Land of Fire” as due to the underground natural gas deposit inextinguishable fire used to burn in the Fire Temple.
Activities to do in Azerbaijan
Adventure trips are an integral part of any tour. In this section we take a look at some activities in Azerbaijan:
- Cruises on the Caspian Sea is an Azerbaijan activity to visit the scores of uninhabited islands nearby and have fun too.
- There are 4WD rides till Gobustan and the mud volcanos.
- Trekking in Khinalug is an Azerbaijan activity which covers exemplary landscapes and an insight into the lifestyle of an ancient village.
- Trekking, skiing and camping at a mountain resort in Gabala counts amongst family friendly activities in Azerbaijan.
- Biking tours are offered in Baku and nearby places.
What to eat in Azerbaijan
The traditional best food in Azerbaijan has an influence of the empires which ruled the country earlier. Although the cuisine is still gaining foothold, below is a traditional Azerbaijan food list one can easily get in restaurants:
- Pilov or Pilaf is the best food in Azerbaijan with every home and restaurant preparing it in the different manner. It is a rice dish with meat, herbs, vegetables and dry fruits.
- Qutab is a pancake stuffed with choice of meat, vegetables, cheese or pumpkin served with yoghurt and salad.
- Dolma is vegetables stuffed with minced meat, vegetables, rice and herbs and cooked in earthenware. Starting from street corners to high end restaurants, this Azerbaijan food is a regular feature in all menus.
- Kufta Bozbash is a hearty soup of meatballs, potatoes, and peas boiled in a broth.
- Firuze, Dolma, Nargiz, Sirvansah Musey and Shah restaurants are few good halal joints in Baku.
- Currency – Manat
- Capital – Baku
- Languages Spoken – Azerbaijani
- Time Zone – UTC+04
- Calling Code – +994
- Best Months to visit – April to July and September to October