Baku Tour Packages
Baku A Peek Inside
Baku is counted amongst the most beautiful cities in the World which is built sharing borders with Europe and Asia. Baku tours will certainly prove this fact as they take travellers from historical monuments to modern high rises all under one roof. After spending Baku holidays visiting in the old city centre and dining in one of the fine restaurants one can be assured that here the old and the new grow hand in hand.
Baku tour packages will definitely include natural wonders along with historical. Visiting the Gobustan National Park on Baku tours is a dream for people interested in history. The rock paintings which are more than 40-thousand-year-old proves it was a dwelling for the early man. Visiting the Gobustan mud volcanos is a highlight of the Baku Holidays. The Museum here is the biggest in Azerbaijan.
Holidayme.com and Baku
With the growing number of tourist spots opening up and adventure activity offers it is mind boggling what to include and what to exclude from the itinerary. To ease this situation for travellers Holidayme.com offers customised holiday packages such that all the best places and activities are covered. The best hotels in Baku as per the need of the traveller is booked to exude comfort and ease the travel time to most places. FlyDubai, Air Arabia and Azarbaijan Airlines are few of the best airlines in Baku on which the travellers are booked for their entire trip.
Best Sightseeing Places in Baku
There are a number of sightseeing in Baku which range from historical icons to modern structures. Here is a brief list of a few places:
- Icheri Sheher is the oldest Baku sightseeing point which was built in the 12th century.
- The palace of the Shrivan Shahs is the most visited sightseeing in Baku which was built in the 15th century.
- Museum of the History of Azerbaijan is the top Baku sightseeing attraction which has more than 3 lac artefacts, scriptures, and ethnography.
- Baku Boulevard especially in the evening has beautifully lit bay side which also has numerous restaurants and shopping malls.
- Flame Towers and Martyr’s Lane is dedicated to the martyrs of the 1990 massacre.
- The mud volcanos in Gobustan are cold instead of being hot and has medicinal properties.
- Heydar Aliyev Centre is a modern complex dedicated to Heydar Aliyev and has many art galleries, libraries and restaurants.
- Ateshgah Temple or The Fire Temple is a 18th century Zorastrian Temple dedicated to the Fire god with ancient religious symbols.
- Yanar Dagh or Burning Mountain is a mountain with rich natural gas reserves due to which the fire keeps burning nonstop.
Outdoor Activities in Baku
It’s not only a place to relax, but activities in Baku can turn a vacation into fun filled and adventurous. Here are a few Baku activities one can include in their itinerary:
- Kayaking in the different lakes is amongst the favourite afternoon activities in Baku. Places like Lankaran, Sheki, Lake Goygol and many more.
- The best in Baku activities to involve the entire family and see the city is a ride on the Baku Eye.
- Skiing in Tufandang is a well sought-after activity especially in winters.
- Lazer Strike Park in the midst of the city is a great way to engage all the members in the family and friends.
What to eat in Baku
The best food in Baku is traditional and the recipes have not been modified since centuries. Here is a list of Baku food one has to savour while visiting the city:
- King Pilaf is the best food in Baku which has rice with meat, dried fruits and nuts and spices cooked in a layer of lavash.
- A Baku food omnipresent in the world is the famed kebab, which is skewered marinated meat grilled on a barbeque or stone grill.
- Qutab is a dough pancake filled with either meat, or vegetables or cheese served with a dipping sauce.
- Dolma are stuffed vegetables with meat or rice and cooked in grape vine leaves.
- Dushbaras are dumplings filled with meat and served in vegetable broth.
- Pakhlava and Badambura are sweet pastries lined with honey and dried fruits and nuts.
- Nargiz restaurant, Dolma restaurant, Firuze, Sirvansah Musey, Quazmac Café and restaurant are few good halal restaurants in Baku.
Key Facts of Baku
Best Months to visit – March to July, September to October
- Currency – Manat
- Country – Azerbaijan
- Languages Spoken – Azerbaijani
- Time Zone – UTC+4
- Calling Code – (+994)12